Jesus said to them, “Come and you will see.” So they came and saw where he was staying, and they stayed with him that day..." John 1:39
An exciting opportunity to see icons being made, and to learn more about them.
Our Visitor’s Centre provides:
- an exhibition area for some of our work and showing the processes involved in making an icon
- A lecture hall and reception area for talks, presentations and discussions
- the workshops which are sometimes open to the public
- space for prayer, reflection and meditation
- an opportunity to sit and talk with local Palestinian students
- a chance, for those making a longer visit, to 'have a go'!
It is a living community dedicated to iconography and the liturgical arts, and which opens its doors to those curious and interested to know more about iconography. The Centre is a living place of tranquility, hospitality and prayer, and we hope our guests will respect that. The Centre isn’t a tourist attraction.
Prayers are held most days at 9.00am and 4.30pm.
You are very welcome to pop in between 9.30am and 4.30pm Monday – Saturday (except for holidays), or for a more organised visit with the possibility of a presentation on various aspects of iconography or an in-depth tour then it is best to contact us in advance to make proper arrangements.
We are not a large place so we cannot welcome groups of more than 50 at any one time.
At certain times, for example when special courses are being run, the Centre is not freely open to the public.